Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Vintage Chic Card - Valentine

I know... I know... it's the day after Valentine's Day and I should stop already, but I just can't! I've whipped up SO many valentines this season and I've still got a few more to showcase. 



Case in point? This one that I designed for the latest The Card Concept challenge, which hit the internet TODAY. 




Isn't that inspiration image a beaut? I love all the vintagey goodness going on and was super inspired by the scrawly script and leather heart. 

So I decided to make some paper leather. 


faux_leather_background_tim_holtz_distress_ink_dipping

Check that out! This was made with a combination of Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain, Antique Linen, and Tea Dye Distress Inks - using the Distress Ink Double Dipping technique

Next, I brought out a lovely little cardboard heart and did some alterations to give it texture and life. 


altered_cardboard_embellishment_with_InkaGold_and_embossing

I started by using Vintage Photo Distress Paint over the surface of the cardboard and, while it was still wet, sprinkled some Rust Embossing Powder over the top. I heat set it with my embossing gun and edged the heart with a coppery InkaGold. 


vintage_card_background_with_tim_holtz_distress_crayons

To bring in the scrawly script, I used a big background stamp and added a layer of Distress Crayon and Distress Spray Stain splatters, edging the whole panel in InkaGold to tie it in. 


valentines_day_vintage_stamped_card_with_tim_holtz_distress_inks

Put it all together and what do you get? Taaaa daaaa! 

I hope you'll go check out the other awesome inspiration on The Card Concept blog and then play along! 

I'm going to enter my card at the following challenges:
Mixed Media World - Anything Mixed Media Goes
Try it on Tuesday - Let's Get Messy with Paints/inks

12 comments:

  1. Taaaa Daaaa indeed!! I think you've captured the essence of the inspiration photo perfectly Becca. You've worked your usual mixed media magic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun to see how you created your background...gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a grungy/vintage stunner Becca - I bet it is all shiny and wonderful IRL with the Inka gold on it.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cool! Really like the way you scribbled the crayon for that grungy touch of color!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So grungy and cool!! Loved your scribbling ;)
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this awesome shabby look! The heart is really eye-catching and I love that small touch of green. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG I am glad I am sitting down - this is jaw dropping gorgeous. I LOVE everything about this card. It is so much nicer than the inspiration photo lol. What an amazing piece of art. WOWZA!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely GORGEOUS!
    Thank you for joining Try It On Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so beautiful - love the rustiness and the way you used the Distress crayon especially! So pleased you joined in at Try It On Tuesday! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all the shabby details you created. The green wash and lace in behind the heart is so effective!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just so gorgeous!!!! Love that heart and the lace!!!

    ReplyDelete